Social media includes web-based and mobile based technologies which are used to turn communication into interactive dialogue between organizations, communities, and individuals.
If your business never interacts with customers, never communicates in any form, or doesn’t have ANY customers at all, then you don’t need to worry about Social Media.
EVERY OTHER BUSINESS SHOULD BE SOCIAL
- According to a Nielsen poll, Americans spend 25% of their online time on social networks. Facebook dominates those networks, taking the lion’s share of 85%.
- Over 250 million people engage with Facebook every month via external websites.
- 71% of recent respondents say reviews from friends and family exert the single greatest influence on their buying decisions (Booz & Co., 2011).
- According to a recent Facebook survey, 49% of users say they feel better about brands that have a presence on the social networking site.
- In a recent study, users who ‘liked’ a Houston-based coffee chain made 36% more visits to the brick-and-mortar business than their non-‘Liking’ counterparts and claimed to have 41% greater loyalty to the brand (Rice University and Dessert Gallery research).